Editing your profile is very easy. Simply head to your profile and click on the "Edit" menu above your canvas/avatar:
Once you are editing your profile, you can change virtually anything about your account info and preferences:
- The Info tab contains basic account information for you.
- Your portrait is your avatar which can be uploaded to the site.
- The canvas is a horizontal background picture you can place on your profile.
- The My Wall tab is a place for you to post updates, or just for general chat between you and others.
- The My Sims tab is where you can create sim profiles for any sim you'd like to add.
- The Activity tab is a feed for new things you put up - comments, blogs, gallery images, and so on.
- The User Status tab gives you the ability to hide or show your online/last online status with others (via privacy controls).
- The Statistics tab similarly hides or shows how many friends you are connected with, and how many views your profile has received.
- The Notifications tab allows you to turn on or off notifications of activity types you would like to see or hide throughout the site. They appear in the small globe icon in the upper right area of your profile next to the Private Messages icon.