This guide gives step by step instructions on how to download content from the Sims 3 Store.
There are two ways of downloading Sims 3 Store Content
- Go to the Sims3.com Store site and login with your Origin username and password.
- Go to your Username in the upper left hand corner of the screen and left-click on it and select My Store Account. Under it's menu select Purchase History. This is where you can find all store content purchased and re-download it from there if needed. -- Items will show up in the Downloads tab in the launcher.
Checkmark Select All to download everything in your purchase history. **The "Select All" download option works on a per page basis. So the download may take a while.
* Tip: Download store content in groups, for example you could start with store worlds, then store sets (download a few sets at a time, depending on how big the sets are) and then the individual pieces.
This will download them into your new Sims 3 folder, into the Downloads folder.
- *Optional: Download content to a new Sims 3 folder for best results. - Do this by moving your current Sims 3 folder to your desktop, for example and renaming it Sims3Current. Then get into game, so it will create a new Sims 3 folder for you.
- Open the launcher so it's ready to receive the store content you're wanting to download.
- Start downloading store content in groups, for example you could start with store worlds, then store sets (download a few sets at a time,depending on how big the sets are) and then the individual pieces.
After you've downloaded all your store content. Make a backup copy your Sims 3 folder. By copying it to backup media of choice (a folder outside of the Electronic Arts folder, external hard drive, flash drive, etc.) -- This way you have your store content backed up ready to go if/when you need it again later.
- Click the Downloads tab in the launcher, Click Select All and Install.
If for some reason you are experiencing issues downloading content from your Purchase History page via the Sims 3 Store website. You can use the Downloads Dashboard to get the content downloaded into your game.
How-To Get to the Downloads Dashboard
- Click the Options button at the Sims 3 Main Menu and Select Downloads Dashboard.
*Note: To view your Downloads Dashboard, you will need to login using your Origin username and password.
How-To Use the Downloads Dashboard
Once loaded, click on the left and right arrows to go through the list. It looks like you can download both single items and any sets you may have.
- Installed Items will have a checkmark to the right, along with a status note of where they were installed to. (Buy Mode, Build Mode, Create a Sim)
- Store Worlds have a status note of installed to Main Menu.
- Some older store items have a status note of installed.
- If you find that you are having issues installing content, take note of the item # and date of purchase, if you choose to seek help with the issue.