Here are some simple steps to help with backing up and restoring Sims 3 Store Content.
- Rename and backup your current Sims 3 folder
- An easy way to do this is go into your Documents\Electronic Arts folder and rename the existing Sims 3 folder to something like Sims3Current
- After that move the folder to your desktop, usb key or external hard drive for safe keeping
- Create a new Sims 3 folder
- Do this by opening the game and then exit it. This will create a new Sims 3 folder with no store content or saves in it
- More Info on How To: Create a New Sims 3 folder
- Go to the Sims 3 store site and download content, or use the in-game Downloads Dashboard
- Once everything is downloaded (this can take some time depending on the amount of stuff/Internet speed) close out of the launcher
- Backup your Sims 3 folder.
- As this now has all your store content downloaded!! Look in: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads to find a list of .Sims3Pack files
- *Tip: Backup just the Downloads folder if you prefer
- *Note:* The "Downloads" folder simply contains the Sims3Pack files *prior* to install. A good reason to back it up is so if it's needed again, you can pick and choose what store items you want to install **
- Install the Store Content
- Open the launcher again, click the downloads tab in the launcher, click Select All and Install
- *Optional* After all the store content is installed, make another backup of the folder. As not only does it have all the store content downloaded, it's installed ready to play!!
- We suggest to zip the folders up for safe keeping. It takes up less space on the backup drive
- How to do that: Right-click on the Sims 3 folder, and select Send To: (name of file.zip)
- Once the file is zipped, you can rename it to say Sims3-Apr2020.zip and copy it to your backup media of choice and use it any time you want a fresh Sims 3 folder or need to restore your store content. *Smile*
Tip: Rename your current folder, if you have one to say Sims3-bkup1
- To restore your new Sims 3 folder, with all store content installed, copy it to: \Documents\Electronic Arts folder.
- Unzip the Sims 3 folder. - To Unzip: Right-click on the file and select Extract here.
*** Now, all your store content is back in a fresh The Sims 3 folder, ready to play!! *** Wha-hoo!!!